What is Hoodwink'd?
Gaston Garcia
2005-10-25 16:40:22 UTC
Hi, can someone explain to me what
Hoodwink'd is?

And how to I use it?

Thanks so much.

--
-gaston
James Britt
2005-10-25 16:57:00 UTC
Post by Gaston Garcia
Hi, can someone explain to me what
Hoodwink'd is?
Sort of like Web graffiti. A means of adding comments to arbitrary Web
sites by means of some HTML page rewriting and references to a common,
remote server.
Post by Gaston Garcia
And how to I use it?
Wisely, one hopes.

But see:

http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/theMouseholeProxy.html
http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/eyelashesFoundOnCnnCom.html
http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/youCanTCatchTheWinkDUnderTheCrustTheyVeSeepD.html

Though, truth be told, I'm not so sure that will make anything any more
clear.

James
why the lucky stiff
2005-10-26 06:24:09 UTC
Post by Gaston Garcia
Hi, can someone explain to me what
Hoodwink'd is?
Also see the hoodwink'd information booth.
http://hoodwinkd.hobix.com/

_why
Gaston Garcia
-gaston
Todd
2005-10-26 18:27:06 UTC
Seems pretty cool to me...

I haven't looked into it a great deal, but I can envision things like:
dropping in a link so that your mom can grab her favorite recipe off
the web and store it on your database instead of writing it
down/printing it out/having it disappear a year from now; or saving a
particular news article that will be here today, but possibly be gone
tomorrow. The big interneto is so in flux that having your self-proxy
save pertinent info from a little added href at the bottom (top,
wherever) that knows what to do with the page being visited, hmmm...,
has vision.

Now, I'm sure this kind of thing has been done before, but, hey, you
get to decide how you want it, and in an expressive language at that.

Just 2c, only the 2c...

Todd